Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Peloton’s senior attorneys in supporting internal clients on real estate matters. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business as the Peloton team develops an in-house legal resource for real estate matters, which will require close collaboration with Peloton’s landlords, suppliers, and partners.
- Support Peloton's Real Estate team and manage outside counsel in negotiations with landlords, property owners, property managers, government bodies, and other third parties as needed, including with respect to Peloton’s retail showrooms, production studios, corporate offices, and field operation and manufacturing facilities.
- Draft and negotiate construction and design contracts to support the build out of Peloton facilities, and assist the Workplace team with procurement contracts for Peloton facilities
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of the transaction and post-closing process for major real estate transactions, including due diligence, title, survey, and environmental reviews, and addressing zoning and permitting issues
- Support merger, acquisition and financing activities as they relate to real estate issues
- Demonstrate a ability to spot sensitive legal and business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal partners
- Work closely with internal clients from key business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy
- 4+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house real estate practice
- This job is intended to be based in our Plano, TX headquarters. Applicants will be accepted on a case-by-case basis for our New York HQ.
- Competency in drafting and negotiating real estate leases and ancillary agreements; a focus on general real estate, construction, commercial transactions, and handling of related state and local regulatory issues is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with Peloton team members throughout the U.S. and globally
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.