Assembly Production Supervisor
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Assembly Production Supervisor works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of supporting assembly activities for Peloton’s world class products.The Assembly Production Supervisor works closely with production manager, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
- Coach assembly technician Safety, and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Support production improvement strategies relative to KPIs
- Support production and manpower planning activities. Lead daily headcount and absentee reporting and assembly station allocation.
- Assigns production tasks to team members taking account of production needs and individual capabilities
- Ensures production team station readiness (raw materials, tools, equipment – ensure the smooth running of production, SOP/WI audits, etc.)
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, software, work instructions and test equipment
- Drive FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Participate in product teardowns for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, etc.
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ensures technician adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- HS Diploma/AA/Training Certificate or equivalent professional experience (5+ years)
- Previous Supervisory Experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Safety and Quality experience preferred
- Consumer hardware assembly experience (preferred)
- Understanding of assembly processes and equipment
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed
This supervisor role is for the second shift (4 pm to 12:30 am).