Peloton’s SDET team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded senior SDET to work with our e-commerce and user experience teams. We believe quality starts early in the process and that it’s every team member’s responsibility to produce high-quality products. You will work closely with developers, product owners, program managers and designers helping teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for great user experience while assisting teams with software testing best practices.
- Work with engineers and product managers to understand test automation coverage, create, implement, maintain and improve testing approaches for our web and backend products and ensure appropriate coverage across all levels of testing including unit, integration and E2E tests.
- Lead the adoption of best practices in testing and in maintainability across teams.
- Provide technical testing as well as your user mindset expertise from project inception.
- Lead the team to develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases).
- Be hands on in terms of writing manual and automated test cases for the features you are responsible for delivering.
- Be an integral part of the agile development workflow and a tireless advocate for testing and code quality within the engineering teams you work with and beyond, from standups to sprint planning to backlog refinement and long-term planning.
- Be able to act as release-engineer for cross functional teams.
- Be a leader in the team and foster a spirit of accountability within the people in the team.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working in the testing industry including experience with test automation tools for UI and API.
- Have experience in architecting and implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for complex front end and back end systems.
- Have extensive experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios, by pairing, reviewing unit tests and coaching on testing best practices.
- Strong understanding and capability to advocate for CI/CD workflow including experience with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github actions etc.
- Have a user first mindset. Our SDETs are advocates for user experiences that delight our customers.
- Have experience working with cross-functional agile teams and delivering products, collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management, identifying opportunities as well as risks in cross-functional efforts.
- Have ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently and work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Have experience owning and leading testing efforts on cross teams projects, that are critical to the business, from design through implementation and launch.
- Have experience working as a fully autonomous SDET; be reliable, independent, take ownership of the entire system and demonstrate a passion for the quality of our software that goes above and beyond the testing they perform in their squads.
- Act as a mentor for SDETs in terms of providing best practices or recommending appropriate solutions for complex problems. Motivate the team, share your knowledge and expertise with others.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.