The Supplier Development Program Engineer will work with the Sourcing team to ensure the right suppliers' evaluation and selection in the early stage of program. Make sure our suppliers to meet Peloton’s parts development requirements, like timing, capacity and PPAP. Training our suppliers for core quality tools to minimize the risk of parts development and QOS. Manage the progression of key suppliers to achieve A level supplier and manage the deployment of the QOS process and disciplines. If there are any issues in design or manufacturing process, SDM is the bridge between the suppliers and the Peloton engineers
- Works with Sourcing team on sourcing progress. Coordinate new supplier audit and Sourcing for Quality data collection.
- Drive Priority supplier selection using Peloton Priority filter, facilitate concurrence with engineering teams and Site SDM and notify suppliers.
- Drive communication and tracking of external Supplier APQP/PPAP Readiness Assessment status and submission requirements to SDM site engineer and supply base. Conduct intervention meetings to drive resolution for Yellow/Red readiness review deliverables and escalate as required
- Summarize the status of Supplier PPAP& FAIR for new model programs.
- Support white Board reviews for all Supplier Quality manufacturing issues.
- Train suppliers and cross functional team members, as required, on the Supplier Engagement Process, PPAP(Production Part Approval Process) Readiness Assessment.
- Participate in Program meeting to understand program related changes impacting launch. Support change control meetings as required.
- Drive parts readiness assessment for each build.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain quality, system and techniques management
- SDM Systems, Policies and Processes
- Analytical Skills - Statistics, Math and Problem-Solving
- Quality Planning Execution Tools (inc Six Sigma/8D)
- Manufacturing process knowledge in Casting/Forging/Machining/Plastics Molding/Injection/Stamping/Welding/Surface treatment.
- APQP/PPAP Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing
- Fluent in English speaking and familiar with PC related skills
- Fitness industry product development experience
- Willing to travel 30% or more as needs by the business
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.