The Supplier Development Site Engineer will work with the Sourcing team to ensure the right suppliers' evaluation and selection in the early stage of the program. Ensure our suppliers meet Peloton’s parts development requirements, like timing, capacity and PPAP. Training our suppliers on core quality tools to minimize the risk of parts development and QOS. Manage the progression of key suppliers to achieve A level supplier and manage the deployment of the QOS process and disciplines. If there are any issues in design or manufacturing process, SDM is the bridge between the suppliers and the Peloton engineers.
- Provide new supplier evaluations and Quality data to support sourcing
- Works with Design and Manufacturing teams to conduct DFM review specially for key components
- Drive Flawless Launches at all brands (Process assessment, Capacity Planning and Verification, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), supplier process issues resolution)
- Drive continuous improvement in manufacturing excellence throughout the supply base
- Drive deployment of Quality performance requirements, initiatives and training to supply base in SDM tools (e.g. Warranty Reduction, Benchmarking, Lean Manufacturing, Reliability and Robustness, G8D (Global 8 Disciplines) methodology, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Gage R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility), etc.) as required
- Work with Manufacturing team to conduct supplier site readiness review and define process parameters to meet product design requirements
- Approve the FAI/PPAP reports
- For Field Service Actions: prepare field service action summary documentation, provide support on site as required.
- Support process to reduce site PPM, conducts a supplier audit to deep dive to implement systemic corrective permanent action
- Maintain Quality-related database for assigned suppliers
- Travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain quality, systems and techniques management
- SDM Systems, Policies and Processes
- Analytical Skills - Statistics, Math and Problem-Solving
- Quality Planning Execution Tools (inc Six Sigma/8D)
- Manufacturing process knowledge in Casting/Forging/Machining/Plastics Molding/Injection/Stamping/Welding/Surface treatment.
- APQP/PPAP Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing
- Fluent in English speaking and familiar with PC related skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.