The Supplier Development Site Engineer will work with the Sourcing team to ensure the right suppliers' evaluation and selection in the early stage of the program. Ensure our suppliers meet Peloton’s parts development requirements, like timing, capacity and PPAP. Training our suppliers on core quality tools to minimize the risk of parts development and QOS. Manage the progression of key suppliers to achieve A level supplier and manage the deployment of the QOS process and disciplines. If there are any issues in design or manufacturing process, SDM is the bridge between the suppliers and the Peloton engineers.
- Provide new supplier evaluations and Quality data to support sourcing
- Works with Design and Manufacturing teams to conduct DFM review specially for key components
- Drive Flawless Launches at all brands (Process assessment, Capacity Planning and Verification, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), supplier process issues resolution)
- Drive continuous improvement in manufacturing excellence throughout the supply base
- Drive deployment of Quality performance requirements, initiatives and training to supply base in SDM tools (e.g. Warranty Reduction, Benchmarking, Lean Manufacturing, Reliability and Robustness, G8D (Global 8 Disciplines) methodology, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Gage R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility), etc.) as required
- Work with Manufacturing team to conduct supplier site readiness review and define process parameters to meet product design requirements
- Approve the FAI/PPAP reports
- For Field Service Actions: prepare field service action summary documentation, provide support on site as required.
- Support process to reduce site PPM, conducts a supplier audit to deep dive to implement systemic corrective permanent action
- Maintain Quality-related database for assigned suppliers
- Travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain quality, systems and techniques management
- SDM Systems, Policies and Processes
- Analytical Skills - Statistics, Math and Problem-Solving
- Quality Planning Execution Tools (inc Six Sigma/8D)
- Manufacturing process knowledge in Casting/Forging/Machining/Plastics Molding/Injection/Stamping/Welding/Surface treatment.
- APQP/PPAP Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing
- Fluent in English speaking and familiar with PC related skills
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.