The successful candidate will be responsible to investigate new sensors and new approaches to enhance the experience of fitness for our future products
You will look into new sensors and ways to use them in developing concept prototypes for potential use in future products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management teams to include sensors which enhance the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
- Partner with Product Management, Industrial Design and Manufacturing teams to define new sensors to prototype and demonstrate working concepts (POC)
- Investigate new sensors which enhance customer experience with our products
- This includes time-of-flight, HRM, IR, photodiode and other types of motion or fitness sensors
- Investigate new sensors from global network of suppliers
- Write Concept Reports of what design decisions were considered and choices made for designs
- Support NPI teams to ensure successful implementation of new technologies
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including Industrial Design, Product Management
- 5-10 years electrical engineering design experience working with many types of sensors
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in new product development and concepts
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.