We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering responsible to lead, develop and manage the multi-disciplined engineering teams. This individual will lead the staff through the complete project development process for complex electromechanical and embedded solutions.
- Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to complete programs by deadline.
- Continuously evolve a high performing engineering team aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Provide career leadership and personal development for the engineering team.
- Interface and communicate with customers to understand their requirements, propose design alternatives, and resolve any product related issues.
- Create, track and report milestones to senior management throughout the product development life cycle, from early-stage feasibility through all design phases, up to and including qualification testing and transition to production.
- Provide status updates on the team's tasks and ensure on time completion. Evaluate missed targets and identify and address root causes such as training requirements, process and methodology improvements.
- Supports the hands-on development efforts associated with the advancement of Standard Product lines including Power Converters, Motor Controllers, DC, PMSM and BLDC Motors
- Establish and maintain internal design reviews and guidelines for product development and engineering designs.
- Establish engineering department goals, objectives, performance metrics, and initiatives to support corporate objectives.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department. Assure that the department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation and design excellence while assuring maximum product safety, manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain an awareness of the state of the art in motors, controllers, and power electronics design.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience.
- Specific Experience with Power Electronics, Power Conversion and Electric Motors is recommended.
- Proven track record for successfully introducing new products into production through a structured NPI Process.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience.
- Familiarity with Electro-mechanical products.
- Excellent time management, project management, planning and organizational skills to drive and motivate staff by setting priorities and systematically meeting deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects of varying size and scope.
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to influence others within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Significant experience in analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada, and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.