ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton’s Global Safety & Security Operation (GS₂O) team is building a sustainable and positive culture of safety and security. Our aim is to foster safe, inclusive, and responsible work atmospheres where team members, members and contractors take care of each other and their surrounding environments.This Senior Manager will serve as the strategic planner and technical resource for all people and areas within their purview. In this role you will work collaboratively with key leaders and employees to create programs that deliver a culture of security, safety and shrink control with activities including: implementing security standards; providing meaningful security and shrink trainings that leads to strong knowledge transfer and working with operational partners to develop innovative programs to prevent security incidents and drive profitability. As Peloton’s Senior Manager, Security Operations (Retail) you will manage the North American Loss Prevention (LP) and Security program within Peloton Retail Operations. All incident management, physical security, loss prevention/shrink control/product protection, workplace violence, investigations and crisis response events within these environments are the responsibility of the Senior Manager of LP & Security Operations. A successful Senior Manager of LP & Security will inspire change, build trust and drive an enhanced culture of safety and security by leveraging innovation and lean principles.
- As a member of the leadership team, your commitment to a strong presence of security through your leadership is key.
- Lead and work collaboratively on the development, review, and revision of security, crisis management and shrink related policies and training programs. Ensure leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of all security and shrink mitigation strategies.
- Prioritize the safety and security of our team and identify risk; ensuring actions taken to mitigate or eliminate risks are scalable with rapid and continuous growth.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Peloton LP & Security standards and policies. Where gaps remain, the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing policies and processes while partnering with key business leaders.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in the development of operational exception, security incident and theft reporting. Track, report, and utilize this reporting to drive continuous improvement.
- Leverage loss prevention through environmental design concepts.
- Identify and anticipate security and shrink related concerns by surveying environmental, operational and occupational conditions.
- Investigate and review security violations, crises, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and coordinate appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Review security and theft trends weekly/monthly to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- Experience recruiting,developing and managing a team of LP & Security leaders.
- This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their team.
- This individual must communicate LP & Security team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of a Peloton LP & Security professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Loss Prevention & Security in a retail environment.
- Prior experience as a security leader at Senior Manager, Program Manager or above
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in LP & Security programs in retail, distribution or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
- Experience is project management
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives and senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Wicklander Zulawski (or equivalent) certified
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.