As a Video Streaming Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. Using a smart media asset workflow we manage both live and video on demand (VOD) streams with the goal of ensuring the highest quality for our members. Our team works with production to manage the automated ingestion of new media and we collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management. You should be comfortable seeing a project through from start to end; including identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, being able to describe to others why you chose the approach you did and then implementing the solution; you are both a thinker and a doer. You dream big and then make things happen. You should love automating things, we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Become a part of the core team that maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
- Experience with programming in Python or Go
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay.
- The right person will possess significant hands-on implementation and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of video, visual effects delivering software architecture and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partner and customers.
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management
- Experience with video codecs and compression
- Experience working with content encoding and transcoding
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com