The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be working with the Peloton Quality and broader Operations teams to drive improvements and support in the management of quality processes and quality management systems at our manufacturing partners’ facilities. You will work with our partners to drive process control improvements ensuring that only qualified parts and processes are used to build our products. This will be done by evaluating that they are following best practices for inspection, providing root cause and corrective action guidance and by integrating with their teams to help identify and execute data driven process enhancements and improvements. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to solve issues on the factory floor and with the Peloton technical team. You’ll act as the first line of defense to improve our product and processes. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve total product quality.
This role will be based in Taipei, Taiwan, and will require frequent domestic travel.
- Perform regular process and product audits at the suppliers to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, identify areas of improvement and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered.
- Work closely with the US team and Supplier to drive root cause identification activities to improve product quality through data analysis, corrective action, and preventive measures.
- Monitor supplier production and evaluate metrics such as incoming quality data and assembly line first pass yield data to identify improvement opportunities and drive them to completion.
- Support the activities associated with assembly line changes and qualifications.
- Support the activities associated with new or changed part qualifications and the associated updating of the quality control requirements.
- Interface with suppliers to resolve manufacturing, quality and reliability issues utilizing DOE and statistical approaches driving a “Zero defect” mentality.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical assembly industries
- Experience in metrology and part inspection, ability to ensure that parts are being inspected following best practices.
- Experience in assembly process auditing, ability to ensure that products are being assembled following the defined processes.
- Strong communications skills in Mandarin and English
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- CQE certificate a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.