The Peloton API infrastructure team is seeking a senior software engineer to help build and improve it’s core API infrastructure. The API infrastructure team sits at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and regularly works across multiple teams on matters of end-to-end scalability, stability, observability and deployability.
This team is often tasked with determining root cause and solving complex low-level system issues related to the API’s performance such as deployment latency, CPU spikes, scaling issues and more.
Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the engineering organization as a whole. You must be experienced and comfortable interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues and drive them through cross-functional initiatives.
- Triage problems across the API stack to help address production issues
- Build and improve various components of the Core API such as queuing systems, build and deployment scripts, observability monitors, error handling, logging libraries, api frameworks, authentication endpoints and more
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with application architecture and traffic pattern planning.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills and collaboration skills. Must be able to effectively drive cross-functional team projects
- Strong design skills in application architecture, systems architecture, and database schema
- 5+ years of experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems
- Experience in config management systems like Chef or terraform
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience is preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.