The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast and learn from past failures.
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative.
- Together we go far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent.
Peloton is looking for an outstanding marketing leader to lead the Social Impact & Cultural Marketing team and amplify our social impact strategy and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Belonging. This role will leverage touch points across the brand - including Marketing, Content, Social, and more - to drive measurable impact in our Member communities and beyond. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to shape and scale the company’s approach going forward.
Marketing strategy & campaign management
- Lead the development of a global marketing plan & calendar that drives Peloton’s impact across the following pillars: 1. Philanthropy (The Peloton Pledge) 2. Anti-racism 3. Product donations and accessibility (including The Comeback program) 4. Cultural heritage celebrations, including but not limited to moments such as Pride and Black History Month.
- Drive Peloton’s strategy on cultural marketing that supports the company’s commitment to diversity + inclusion
- Create and execute compelling campaigns and content that support the company’s externally-facing social impact strategy and resonate with our diverse Member community.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders globally, including People team, Content team, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Team, Employee Resource Groups, and external partners (nonprofits, philanthropic groups, agencies).
- Increase ways for Members and the broader community to engage with Peloton through the lens of social good, in partnership with the ESG team.
- Create and manage integrated marketing plans for cultural moments working closely with multiple teams (Marketing, People, Insights, Content, Apparel, Music, Product, International, and ERGs.)
- 8+ years work experience with 6+ years experience in a social impact or cultural marketing-related role with demonstrated success leading large-scale integrated marketing programs.
- Expertise in leading cause marketing campaigns and initiatives with charitable or non-profit partners (diversity or community engagement is a preferred focus area)
- Deep understanding of cultural landscape and highly in tune with current events and trends
- Genuine passion and excitement for diversity + inclusion, cause marketing, and community engagement
- Proven track record working on campaigns using owned channels in addition to paid advertising
- Experience managing people, agencies and working with creative teams
- Experience working across a global organization is preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth company is preferred
The ideal candidate is high-energy, results-oriented, and demonstrates an ability to:
- Identify new opportunities and areas of evolution within social impact and cultural marketing.
- Quickly establish themselves as a credible strategic partner bringing innovative, bold ideas to the table.
- Clearly and concisely communicate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage and excite team members and senior leaders
- Deftly navigate the intricacies of working cross-functionally with many different teams and senior leaders in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence and build relationships is critical.
- Manage multiple concurrent programs with strong attention to detail and accountability to high standards of excellence. Every touchpoint matters and our Members take notice!
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.