We are looking for someone to provide technical leadership as the team designs, builds, and deploys Android applications and features for our Members. Your primary focus will be on our new Peloton Super Studio apps (supporting Instructors and Studio visitors) as well as Social features on our flagship bikes and treadmills. You will get the opportunity to guide and build customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
With your technical vision and expertise, the team will deliver a world-class experience for our members.
You will iterate on process, technology, and communication with your team. You will also assist in mentoring the engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- At least two years being a Staff Engineer / Tech Lead of a group of three or more software engineers.
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Good active listening skills, the ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders and other engineers.
- Experience with Agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience mentoring engineers with the team-focused mentality for success
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Solid experience with Git, REST APIs
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVI and MVVM
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Have experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have worked on connected hardware products
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.