The Artificial Intelligence team at Peloton is looking for a driven software engineer to build out the platform powering our development of computer vision and machine learning applications. Your work will be the foundation on which the future of fitness is built! We work closely with the modeling teams to multiply their efforts and enable research and development in equal measure. We’re looking for someone who is excited about the challenges in accelerating deep learning training in the cloud, enabling reproducible experimentation, and building scalable ingestion and storage solutions for data from millions of devices.
- Design the architecture and lead the development of our computer vision and machine learning platform, including data management systems, data engineering workflows, model management capabilities, and their corresponding web app components.
- Develop solutions to scale deep learning training runs across multiple teams.
- Identify opportunities for platform-ization by communicating with other members of the Artificial Intelligence team.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in at least one relevant programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C/C++, Typescript.
- Experience with organization, manipulation, and storage of computer vision datasets (videos, images, associated annotations/metadata).
- Experience with computer vision and/or machine learning, especially deep learning.
- Proven experiences with CI/CD tools (ex: Jenkins), automated testing frameworks, and monitoring tools (ex: Datadog, Sentry).
- Experience with some of the tools in our cloud-native ML stack: Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, Terraform and various AWS services.
- Proficiency in a deep learning framework (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch) or GPU / CUDA programming.
- Familiarity with full-stack development (especially previous experience building interactive front-ends for data-intensive services).
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in either our New York City HQ or Santa Clara office once safe to re-open the offices.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.