This position will lead the Software Quality Assurance team in Peloton Taipei office to not only achieve the goals of product software quality and also meet the benefit of 24 hours non-stop testing by both NY HQ and Taipei sides. The SWQA team in Taipei is mainly in charge of the platform and Home App testing of our connected devices, also the firmware testing of the bike and treadmill products. The team members include both over 10 years senior SWQA engineers and junior ones, so setting the right goals to help each member grow to the next milestone is a quite important KPI for this senior manager position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Also, take responsibility of workload balance between team members
- Excellent in Vendor management. Interact with vendors and X-functional partners to keep improving the SW testing processes( manual and automatic testing) on both internal and the vendor sides to streamline the processes and reduce costs to the company.
- Requires regular communication with senior management and executive level stakeholders. Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
- Studying trends in and developments in quality management and continually improving internal quality practices.
- Accept the ownership of Android OS/ platform testing , android app regression app testing and FW of the control board.
- Maintain defect triage process and continuous defect review in software organization.
- Enhancing the SW testing coverage is also one of the responsibilities. Through collecting the field feedback and lesson learnt activities to on-going reviewing the coverage of both Android platform/App testing and FW level tests.
- To introduce any good SW tool, system, method, and equipment help on the testing efficiency and accuracy.
- Also, to evaluate the costs and requirements for the new projects and oversee testing schedules with the project schedules to keep them on time and on budget.
- MS/BS degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in software QA role, 6+ years in both Android black and white box testing. Full comprehend the structure of Linux/Android system and APP. To be able to use and research any Android/Linux related command/tools to help testing.
- 3+ years of people management experience and have the strong leadership skill for managing, hiring, and training the teams of SWQA.
- 3+ years of working in worldwide owned brand companies. Understand the culture of the US tech companies and also have the well ODM management skill.
- To have good communication skills in English for both writing and talking. Have the experience in crossing time zone working models and be able to get the both sides in sync.
- Familiar with JIRA/confluence and Jenkins. Be able to well control the testing status and issues.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Knowing Python, C++, C#, JAVA, Android Automator, or any programming language to help on Android and FW testing would be a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.