Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure we have a high quality, flexible, cost effective supply chain that is able to execute to our technical specifications and production requirements.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers representing sourcing and procurement. You will identify and manage all packaging components, identify potential suppliers, drive DFx analysis, RFP/RFQs and build consensus to qualify those suppliers. Working closely with Packaging Engineering, HW, ID, Creative and Quality, you will lead the development, implementation and management of global sourcing strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, cost and supply.
- In depth knowledge of packaging components, structural design and processes – corrugated, molded pulp, blow molds, rigid box, folding boxes, printing cards/manuals, films, labels etc.
- Technical knowledge of tooling, tooling standards and manufacturing processes
- Lead and support sustainability initiatives
- Understand market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Manage robust supplier selection using market analysis, leverage request for proposals (RFP/RFQs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Lead quarterly executive business reviews presenting strategic sourcing plans that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, SWOT analysis and strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up, qualification, capacity planning, assurance of supply and execution to project timelines/schedules
- Skilled negotiator driving execution of all contractual agreements, supplier initiatives including cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable commercial terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or consumer electronics environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in strategic sourcing/commodity management/global supply management
- Exceptional analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier evaluation)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills