We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global infrastructure to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes designing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting our global wired and wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN. You will collaborate with our DevOps team on several projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our CyberSecurity team to design, implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Design, deploy and support a complex global network environment.
- Manage key network equipment/software suppliers and professional services teams
- Maximize and ensure stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; network optimization, performance management and capacity planning.
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all network infrastructure and circuits internationally
- Report on network capacity and SLAs/SLOs by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing and formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Plan and perform network upgrades, expansions and new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Escalation Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless and Palo Alto is a must.
- 10+ years of experience with network engineering, architecture, and design with 5+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience with designing, deploying, and supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 4+ years of network design and support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 3+ years of scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols and VPN technologies.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing, deploying and supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems and general use
- 2+ years of experience with deploying and supporting DDI solutions.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of Cisco routers and switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless and Meraki security appliances, switches and wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management
- Strong knowledge of change management and MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies and wireless site survey tools
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
Extensive knowledge of:
- IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP).
- Switching protocols (802.1Q, RSTP, DTP, VTP, LACP, CDP, LLDP).
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP).
- Tunneling Technologies (IPSec, Q-in-Q, L3VPN, MPLS, MP-BGP, GRE, DMVPN).
- Virtualization Technologies (VRF, vPC, VSS, VDC, Stackwise).
- RADIUS/TACACS+ and 802.1x.
- Expertise in IP telephony/Hosted PBX and Call Center management are a plus.
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.