In-House Counsel - Taiwan
(Location TBD, preferably Tainan)
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 6+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing legal team. The person in this role be responsible for supporting Peloton’s Taiwan operations and will assist Peloton’s senior attorneys in supporting internal clients in matters that pertain to any of our three Taiwan locations. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including our supply chain, competitors, and partners, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Peloton Legal team in Taiwan, advising all relevant teams on day-to-day legal matters and escalating matters of increased risk or importance to senior attorneys as appropriate.
- Negotiate and manage a wide variety of commercial contracts in support of our business operations in Taiwan, with a focus on manufacturing and supply chain matters.
- Manage all national and local corporate and regulatory filings in collaboration with the Finance team and outside counsel.
- 6+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house role in Taiwan, with a focus on commercial or corporate transactional practice; secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin and English; ability to draft and negotiate contracts in both Mandarin and English is essential
- Competency in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, particularly those related to manufacturing businesses with international supply chains
- Experience in resolving pre-litigation business disputes is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Qualified to practice law in Taiwan
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.