Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating products that merge high-design with modern technology to provide at-home access to live streaming and on-demand fitness classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience – be it the studio, product, or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
As a System Design Manager, you will become a subject matter expert that works across internal and external teams to continuously improve interconnected software and systems. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects, and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then communicate them with cross-functional teams. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will represent our Field Operations organization to drive simple, scalable, and complete software solutions by:
- Immersing yourself within different parts of the organization, documenting opportunities, and working across multiple teams to drive mutually beneficial improvements.
- Act as the point of contact for Peloton’s IT and software teams including internal and external partners.
- Participate in planning, scrum, and retrospective meetings with multiple internal teams as a representative of our Field Operations team members.
- Test, and communicate impacts to users as we continue to enhance our capabilities.
- Provide project management direction.
- Document existing system functionality and identify opportunities to improve.
- Communicate changes and impacts to Field Operations teams.
- Participate in identifying, scoping, and launching of new technology.
This role is fast-paced and requires attention to detail with strong organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized with the ability to manage multiple changing priorities concurrently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Attend cross-functional meetings while staying apprised of changes that are occurring in other parts of the organization. You will provide regular updates to your leadership team around these upcoming changes to drive additional awareness.
- Become a subject matter expert in all aspects of Peloton’s delivery and services operating model and look for opportunities to apply this expertise to continually improve the software systems we use.
- Apply your knowledge of Peloton’s business to understand areas in need of support, with the curiosity and motivation to explore unknown areas of need and provide supporting information to leaders.
- Work closely with QA, production, internal, and external teams to prepare each release for users.
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical experience.
- Educate leaders by becoming a subject matter expert in all things delivery and service.
- Collaborate with experts across other teams ranging from software engineers to vendor managers.
- Provide tools, insights, knowledge, and guidance to enable effective business decisions.
- Build, and maintain documentation.
- 2+ years of related work experience in operations, launch, or release management function supporting a digital, or high-tech company.
- 2+ years of experience supporting a geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with various development methodologies. E.g. DevOps or Agile
- An outgoing, dynamic personality, with excellent presentation skills.
- Able to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere with a bias for action.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot and think on your feet.
- Effective at working with a wide range of personalities.
- Experience partnering with and providing business requirements to software engineers.
- Able to travel for project-based assignments.
- Experience working with Salesforce Field Service Lightning or other capacity management software. (preferred)
- JIRA Service Desk experience. (preferred)
- Talkdesk experience (preferred)
- Warehouse Management or Inventory Control Systems experience (preferred)
- Redshift experience (preferred)