Location: Edinburgh Area
Salary: Base rate of £14.00 an hour (contracted 40 hrs a week). Overtime available as needed at premium rate of £21.00 an hour after 48hrs in a week.
Days: 5 out of 7 days per week, including weekends as necessary during busy season
Start Date: September 7, 2020
Would you like to work for a premium health and fitness brand? Since Peloton’s U.S. launch seven years ago, it has rapidly grown into a 8-billion-dollar company and has acquired celebrity fans such as David Beckham, Kate Hudson, Leonardo Di Caprio, Ellen DeGeneres, Barack Obama and Hugh Jackman amongst others.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We’re seeking dedicated Bike Technicians/Mechanics to head up our Field Operations team in Edinburgh. You’ll be carrying out day to day repairs of our Peloton bike in the warehouse, at commercial locations, and inside member homes whilst providing the highest level of customer service.
If you’re passionate about cycling and have a mechanical background or good knowledge of bikes, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll be visiting our customers and carrying out the necessary repairs on any moving parts. During most shifts, you’ll have a Peloton colleague riding along with you, helping to identify the issue and conduct the repairs.
You’ll be fully trained on how to strip, repair and service the bike by one of our experienced technicians.
In the Service Tech role, your daily duties will include:
- Provide full Peloton service experience for members (pre-call, repair, presentation and post-service advice)
- Support daily refurbishment and repairs of returned or damaged units in the warehouse
- Manage documentation of all repairs and inventory of all spare parts
- Provide feedback to site and Quality team on product defects
- Practice safe driving and repair/product handling procedures
- Proactively flag any customer escalations or feedback and liaise with Customer Support as needed
- Follow all warehouse operational procedures and safety standards
- Serve as Peloton product expert and build genuine passion for our brand
- Dynamic personality, and excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills both over the phone and face to face
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues
- A passion for health, fitness and exercise
- Must have a valid UK driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Able to cope with the physical requirements of the role
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Crain’s New York Business’ Tech25 and Fast 50, as well as TIME’s Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
- Full uniform provided
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan