The CAD Engineering team at Peloton develops, trains and implements new design tools to assist the Hardware Engineering team create best in class fitness products. This role is responsible for onboarding and training employees on our CAD systems used by our Hardware Engineering and Operations team across all our global development offices. This person will also create and maintain documentation on processes used by the hardware engineering team, such as part release, modeling practices and drawing creation. You will work closely with Lead Mechanical Engineer’s to help with CAD model planning to promote cross functional collaboration. An ideal candidate will have experience mentoring CAD users of all skill levels through direct one on one assistance, group trainings and recorded presentations.
- Provide CAD training to the Hardware Engineering teams for robust model and drawing creation..
- Onboarding for CAD tools for new hires at Peloton and contract manufacturers sharing Peloton systems
- Create and maintain documentation on hardware engineering processes
- Assess skill sets and create training paths for Peloton Hardware Engineering staff to improve their modeling skills
- Customize Solidworks databases and templates for Peloton specific design methodologies
- Research and implementation of new design tools for use across the global product development team
- Assist with yearly upgrades of CAD software across a global organization
- 6+ years experience training new and experienced CAD users
- BS or BE in Mechanical Engineering/Design, or equivalent
- Experience with consumer product design (fitness equipment a plus)
- Experience with Solidworks 3D CAD and Solidworks PDM
- Experience with ECAD system integration into mechanical models
- Experience working with ID surface models
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Spoken and written English
- This position is based in NYC HQ
- Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP) certification or higher
- Experience with recording software for training and development
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.