We are in search of an International Expansion Manager to execute our global expansion strategy.
You’ll be responsible for managing and executing targeted market expansions and form part of our Apparel team based in New York.
In this role, you’ll manage cross-functional initiatives with the goal of setting up Peloton Apparel for successful launches in selected markets while managing product strategies in existing international markets. This position will work alongside other Planning members and report into the Director of Apparel Strategy & Planning.
- Own the development, validation and execution of go-to-market strategies for select target markets
- Evaluate and communicate progress of market expansion efforts on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Develop KPIs and provide ongoing reporting for selected markets, tracking the impact of initiatives implemented
- Drive market research to understand local user needs, preferences, cultural differences, competitive environment, and any local insights that will help drive strategic decision making
- Partner with technical project manager on project management, setting milestones, and achieving alignment among all teams involved
- Partner with Buying/Merchandising to guide roadmap for target markets by providing insights, research and data to influence prioritization
- Develop Planning targets and buys for International Markets, including vendor strategy, product mix, assortment localization, and understand how International Markets impact total Global plans
- Responsible for inventory management within international markets, including initial allocations, in-season product management, and end-of-season liquidation strategies in partnership with global inventory planner
- Partner with Apparel Logistics to execute and optimize supply chain in new and existing markets, including rolling out new vendor partners (ie. Narvar, Shopify, etc)
- Partner with Retail Operations to create and execute showroom strategies and support international showroom needs
- Partner with Marketing to create and execute market launch plans and ongoing international marketing efforts
- Manage and maintain shopify translations for international markets
- Contribute to the development and execution of innovative go-to-market strategies for new test markets
- 5-8 years experience in Buying/Planning in digital/retail businesses
- Experience supporting international expansion for digital businesses across strategy and operations
- Collaborative approach, with experience leading broad cross-functional projects and managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with ERP systems such as Netsuite/SAP is a plus
- Propensity to create and iterate new processes
- Strong analytical skills to work with broad datasets and derive insights
- Good product understanding and ability to prioritize and articulate local user needs
- Proficiency in another language besides English is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment prone to change
- Ability to work effectively and creatively in a lean environment
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.