Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 4+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing International legal team. The person in this role will be responsible for helping Peloton’s Associate General Counsel to support our UK business across all departments. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of Peloton’s business objectives.
- Negotiate and manage on a wide variety of commercial contracts, and report to senior attorneys on marketing initiatives, supply chain matters, privacy and data security issues, e-commerce projects, and general risk management matters
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy.
- Work Closely with Peloton’s People Team and UK management team to provide support and counsel on employment relations matters
- Advise on marketing and competition terms and conditions and advertising clearance
- Instruct and manage external counsel to provide timely and cost-effective advice
- 4+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house role, with a focus on commercial or corporate transactional practice, with secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred
- Competency in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts; particular experience in information technology and marketing agreements and/or supply chain agreements and marketing clearance is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Superb organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with online issues such as privacy and data security preferred
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) who is collaborative and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Qualified to practise law in the UK
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.