Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and experience managing global Android / AOSP programs? Do you strive to understand the details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to help drive innovation for tablet and display technology used with Peloton fitness products. This role will work closely with Product management and a broad cross functional team to define and execute against our Tablet and operating system roadmap. Additionally the role will work closely managing system updates for our current install base.
Successful candidates will thrive managing highly complex AOSP implementations on leading edge chipsets.
You will be responsible for planning out these programs, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate knows what they are doing, and also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment. Collaborating with Research, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Legal, Purchasing and Operations teams in multiple geographic locations is a big part of the job. Knowing who to engage, and when, is crucial. Additionally, you will work closely with out third party JDMs, chipset, and 3rd party technology providers to define statements of work, kick off programs, manage timelines and escalate and resolve critical issues with relative autonomy.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle Software / AOSP / BSP programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Work closely with overseas vendors / US based product management to scope, plan and execute the development to cost and timeline goals.
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software/Firmware features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners and the product manager in US.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET and SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Manage and ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, and third party development partners
- Manage ongoing and support work and Operating System releases across current install base
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management
- 5+ years of experience managing operating system and software application development projects (Android Open Source preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Experience delivering with at least 2 programs that involved hardware and software
- Experience working with and managing offshore ODM/JDM vendors as well as 3rd party technology partners.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.