The Manufacturing Test Manager (Development and Execution) will lead a global team of manufacturing test engineers, providing day-to-day, hands-on manufacturing test system leadership, development, execution and support in conjunction with internal engineering teams and CM’s, JDM’s, ODM’s, OEM’s ensuring manufacturing test processes are robust, repeatable and controlled. The Manufacturing Test Manger lead a team of engineers in gathering technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop and recommend, develop manufacturing test processes, create/manage project timelines, oversee NPI and running product changes. Manufacturing Test processes will include, but not limited to, IQC/OQC, In-line test, and final assembly (FATP).
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (SW/FW/EE/ME/HW/QC/MFG) to ensure robust manufacturing test strategies, providing expertise in manufacturing test development and execution
- Lead, mentor, coach a global team of manufacturing test engineers, establishing a standard of excellence
- Own the scope, schedule, implementation and tracking of manufacturing test projects and results from start to finish
- Set goals, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risk and drive mitigations across all stages of the project
- Lead quotes, build, and validation of manufacturing test equipment that meet required test standards as defined by Peloton’s products requirements
- Author manufacturing test SOP/WI’s for operating necessary equipment and performing tests repeatedly
- Evaluate the product designs and create the manufacturing test processes, fixtures and operating procedures
- Lead manufacturing test specification development for new and existing product designs; development mechanical requirements, write test plans and lead test coverage based on product requirements
- Develop state-of-the-art test equipment, test fixture design, ATE equipment (HW and SW)
- Develop manufacturing test approved vendor and components list. Initiating and developing vendor relationships.
- Develop automated test scripts for product functional tests using C/C++/Python
- Design, build and deploy manufacturing test platforms for manufacturing partners (HW and SW)
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and root cause manufacturing test yield issues and field escapes
- Experience in crafting and supporting high volume data collection from multiple systems in a manufacturing environment to identify, measure and present critical metrics needed by the Peloton engineering teams
- Manages the manufacturing test FW/SW change order process (ECR/ECO)
- Develop manufacturing test equipment specifications; lead equipment build and validation
- Perform statistical process analysis (Gage R&R, SPC, CP/CPk, Minitab, etc.)
- Research and recommend new manufacturing test applications and processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline is required. Electrical, Computer Science, IT, or Mechanical, MS/MBA a plus
- 5+ years of managerial, supervisory experience preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on, product-specific manufacturing test development and execution required (NPI to MP)
- Extensive background in high-volume manufacturing test development for consumer products
- Solid experience in quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement
- Subject matter expert with scripting languages, particularly C/C++/Python, Familiar with Android/IOs and windows programming
- Production Test experience in PCB’s, electro-mechanical assemblies, Motor systems (stepper, DC, AC) Hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- Experience with CAD; AutoCAD Electrical, SolidWorks a plus
- Extensive experience in developing or integrating manufacturing test hardware fixturing and instrumentation
- Solid ability to Interpret engineering drawings (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Execution of large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence, CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
This position is primarily located in Manhattan, New York. Candidate must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.