The Digital team at Peloton builds products and features for our growing base of mobile-only subscribers and supports Bike and Tread owners when they’re not on our hardware. The application lets members plan workouts, keep track of their progress, and take classes for additional modalities like yoga, meditation, and outdoor running.
In this role, you will work with the team that builds features for the Peloton iOS and watchOS applications. You will also work with our product, design, and backend teams to identify and inform the platform elements required to support client-side features.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to write code that is readable, maintainable, documented, and thoroughly tested.
- Familiarity with UIKit (SwiftUI and Combine are a plus) and Auto Layout.
- Understanding of the concurrency APIs available on Apple’s platforms.
- Significant experience developing integrations with RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing appropriate test coverage with XCTest and XCUITest.
- Understanding of modern architecture patterns like Model-View-View Model (MVVM).
- Experience with Git.
- Experience shipping iOS applications to larger user bases.
- Interest in mentoring junior (and onboarding new) teammates.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate engineering solutions and trade-offs to teammates and other, potentially non-technical teams.
- Knowledgeable around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis.
- Familiarity with analytics and experimentation platforms.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience with reactive programming (Combine, Rx, ReactiveSwift, or the like).
- Have experience with continuous build systems.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Work with frameworks like SwiftUI, Combine, CoreBluetooth, HealthKit, watchOS, and CoreLocation, CoreMotion, AVFoundation, and more.
- An incredibly supportive team that values feedback, both positive and for career growth.
- Ownership—be part of a small team that ships an application to a large user base.
- Continuous learning. We strive to make a year of learning on Peloton’s team worth multiple at other companies. We encourage this through a generous education budget, conference reimbursement, mentoring, team lunches over recorded talks, open architecture discussions, and thoughtful code review passes.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.