The Quality Engineer II will be the on-site Quality representative at one of our bike assembly location in Perris, CA. The primary objective of this role is to support the assembly operation of high-quality products through the continuous improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. They will also be responsible for the supervision of the local quality team.
As an individual, you have the technical ability, problem-solving, communication skills, and hands-on approach to solving issues on the factory floor. You work well with a cross-functional team to ensure compliance with customer requirements and engineering specifications while instilling site accountability of the quality system, product acceptance, and, product quality.
This job is based in Perris, CA, and may require limited domestic travel. This role reports to the Staff Quality Engineering Manager.
- Manage and Provide quality engineering support to ensure that products are manufactured with a high level of quality while being in compliance with quality and engineering standards.
- Lead, and document the quality effort for the manufacturing process analyzing Field Failure, Customer Acceptance Lab audit, First Pass Yield, and Non-conformance to meet the quality metrics.
- Facilitate corrective action and drive preventive actions based on root cause analysis of components, assemblies, and finished product’s problems using different problem-solving methodologies like 8D, Kaizen, DMAIC, 5 WHY, Cause and effect diagram, etc..
- Create, implement, and improve quality control documents as needed, like SOP, Inspection checklist, testing methods, etc..
- Assist in the design and development of necessary fixtures, tooling, and test equipment to improve the material and product inspection process.
- Perform regular process and product audits to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, identify areas of improvement, and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered.
- Develop, review, and approve assembly procedures, rework/repair procedures, change notices, and other related quality system documentation.
- Work closely with the Staff Manufacturing Engineer, Field Quality, and Supplier Quality teams to drive root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality through data analysis, corrective action, and preventive measures.
- Perform FQA/OBA on an on-going basis to assess product compliance and controls.
- Report quality performance as needed from leadership.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or another technical discipline, Masters is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in assembly manufacturing quality or production environment.
- Good analytics, problem-solving, decision-making, and root cause analysis skills with lean manufacturing, DEMAC, Kaizen, 5 WHY, 5S, and formalized 8D process experience.
- Must possess the skills to lead others through the process
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with a clear understanding of quality metrics.
- Must be detailed oriented and have a strong quality mindset.
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus