We are looking for an Senior Accountant to help manage and support our Accounting & Finance department. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end to end workstream process related to accounting tasks through development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members.The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS and Retail business models, have excellent business acumen, and will be a natural numbers wizard that with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls and experience working with external auditors.They are an analytical thinker, with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams and work products which allow for strategic and knowledgeable decision making. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s multifaceted business.
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Book and Review monthly journal entries and prepare and review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain ownership over preparing analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of company wide KPI’s
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal and external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal and Supply Chain
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 3 - 5 year(s) of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar and Blackline
- Experience supervising one or more staff for one or more years is strongly preferred.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.