Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
The Peloton Bike is built through our Internal Bike Assembly System (IBAS) process which is a series of stations used for assembly and manufacturing. The IBAS Material Handler will coordinate and expedite the flow of parts from racking bins and staging bins to assembly line, according to production schedules. They are responsible for the inspection and quality of materials, inventory duties, and support to the rest of the IBAS team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Move materials and items from receiving, storage and production areas to shipping and other designated areas
- Sort and place material on racks, shelves or in bins according to size, type, style and product line
- Verify quantities of incoming and outgoing material.
- Participate in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis
- Accurately record amount of materials or items received or distributed on Hardware Sheets
- Scan, barcode and label parts processed in production
- Knowledge of parts and materials
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness
- Observe all safety requirements in all duties
- Perform other duties, as requested.
- Open bike parts and kit them in seperate bins.
- Safely operate forklift, cherry pickers or other machinery to move, load, unload, stack and remove material from bins.
- Must be able to work extended hours with little advance notice to meet project deadlines.
- Must be capable of completing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires standing, walking or bending for the entire shift and could be required to periodically lift up to 40 lbs.
- Great organizational skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Must have basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar products (Google Docs)
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent