System Controls and Maintenance Engineer
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
The System Controls and Maintenance Engineer works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of leading assembly system controls and maintenance activities of Peloton’s world class products. The System Controls and Maintenance Engineer works closely with the production manager, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive safety, and productivity to ensure assembly objectives are met through by ensuring maximum system uptime
- Provide hands-on system Controls and maintenance leadership in building/supporting a scalable and repeatable automation platform in final assembly
- Provide technical expertise in PLC, HMI, networking, fluid power, and electrical motor control, and mechanical systems
- Hands-on, maintain, troubleshoot and modify PLC logic for assembly systems including, but not limited to PLC/PC Controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, Profibus, ProfiNet, As-i, motor control systems (LIM, LSM, VFD), Servo drives, remote I/O, vision systems, HMI and electrical distribution systems
- Lead on-site and remote support of control systems for assembly equipment, material handling equipment, providing troubleshooting, design/implementation/document control solutions, act as a liaison for internal and external resources
- Provide proper training, administration, oversight, and support to team members on system issue troubleshooting/resolution and preventive maintenance task
- Coordinate Automation and Controls vendors on a variety of issues and manage/coordinate vendor activities for equipment upgrades and optimization projects upgrades/hotfixes/controls programming issue resolutions
- Develop maintenance SOPs, including Lockout/Tagout, MSDS, and PPE strategy
- Develop and maintain controls and maintenance documentation (e.g. Programs, Software, Specifications, Drawings, Schematics, PFMEA, PM task, Lockout/Tagout, etc.)
- Utilize AutoCad Electrical for review, modifications, and design changes to controls systems
- Drive System Controls and Maintenance KPI’s
- Develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all equipment per the manufacturer's specifications; Minimize MTTR, Increase MTBF
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder
- Support FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Develop comprehensive PM schedules, task and lead implementation, sustainment
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Support adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (EE, ME) or equivalent experience (5+ years), Masters degree preferred
- Consumer hardware assembly system experience (preferred)
- Hands-on Expertise with control systems & maintenance activities
- Working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support
- Subject matter expert in automation, AGV’s, robotics, PLC’s (AB/Siemens), HMI’s, networking, IT, Mechatronics, etc.
- Experience with 3-phase electrical systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Lubrication, Water
- Expertise with HMI systems, Industrial Networks, VFD’s, Servo Controllers, etc.
- Expertise with Industrial control systems, both hardware and software
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI components
- Expertise with component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of IoT, predictive maintenance, etc.
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, machining, injection molding, welding, etc.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, SmartSheets, JIRA, Confluence, Netsuite
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed