LEAD ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
The Peloton Bike is built through our Internal Bike Assembly System (IBAS) process which is a series of stations used for assembly and manufacturing. IBAS Assembly Technicians are responsible for each of their designated stations in our product assembly line. As the IBAS Assembly Team Lead, you will lead the team of Assembly Technicians in their duties in order to secure proper assembly and manufacturing of the Peloton Bike to the highest standard of quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintaining a steady workflow in the assembly line
- Being able to assist all workstations if there’s a slowdown
- Regard bikes coming off the line to a high standard of quality
- Ensures technician adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Providing stations with tools as they are needed
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, software, work instructions, and test equipment
- Understanding the blueprint of the bike
- Diagnose issues with bikes coming off the line
- Maintain a log of all bikes that need to be repaired and are repaired.
- Fixing bikes that have any issues by following proper SOP
- Maintain the tooling cabinet, keep the supplies in check.
- Should have the ability to operate Google Sheets and Docs.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Maintain a safe and clean environment at all times
- Capable of excellent documentation and tracking data
- Knowledge of Netsuite-based platforms
- Familiar with all Peloton Products
- Follow standards and documented procedures at all times
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere
- A passion for fitness and exercise
- Good problem-solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to lift up to 145 lbs with assistance
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
This position involves loading, unloading and carrying Peloton products up to 145 lbs with assistance, sometimes up and downstairs. Ideal candidates must be able to perform physical activity for their full shift.