Assembly Production Manager
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
The Assembly Manager works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of supporting assembly activities for Peloton’s world class products. The Assembly Production Manager works closely with production supervisor, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coach Safety, and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPIs
- Lead production and manpower planning activities
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, software, work instructions and test equipment
- Create section leader and technician individual career development plans, employee training and continuous learning activities
- Meet FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Participate in product teardowns for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, etc.
- Administration of supervisory responsibilities and documentation
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ensures adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (Industrial, Mechanical, Systems) or equivalent experience (7+ years)
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management organizational and administrative skills
- Production Manager/Supervisory Experience in manufacturing with a team (20+)
- Prior experience managing a non-unionized workforce
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles, Lean Manufacturing principles
- Manufacturing Safety and Quality experience
- Consumer hardware/products assembly experience (preferred)
- Understanding of assembly processes and equipment
- Knowledge of QMS/MES/MRP, automation, robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s, networking, IT, etc.
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, machining, injection molding, welding, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed