Peloton is looking for a well-rounded Packaging Designer to support the ideation, development, design and execution of all packaging. Our ideal candidate is a conceptual, detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs packaging towards a larger brand narrative while also considering the smaller, thoughtful details that enhance the consumer experience. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience as part of an in-house team and has had exposure to the full packaging design and development process. The role will report to our Associate Creative Director, Physical CX and will be based out of our HQ in New York.
- Work with ACD and Senior Designers to maintain, evolve and iterate on a cohesive, elevated design system that heroes our product and ensures brand consistency across all packaging touchpoints
- Help manage the process through concept, design, engineering, cost analysis, production and manufacturing
- Work in close partnership with Package Engineering, Industrial Design, Hardware, Operations/Logistics, Sourcing, Visual Merchandising and Marketing organizations, guiding the design process and synthesizing feedback and input from stakeholders
- Ensure that all packaging meets cost and business objectives
- Coordinate and control quality across various packaging manufacturers
- Drive innovation in packaging through structure, materials and manufacturing processes by staying up to date on industry trends and technology
- Work with ACD, Senior Designers and Engineering to optimize and streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability
- Maintain standards and help to build packaging brand guidelines as we continue to expand our product portfolio and distribution
- Help strategize new opportunities and improvements to consumer experience as they relate to packaging
- Comfortable designing in 2D and 3D, as well as building physical prototypes
- 3-5 years of experience in branding and design with a focus on packaging
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related field
- Experience as part of an in-house creative team
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience across the full packaging design and development process from concept through execution, including vendor communication and management
- Understanding of structural design, printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Capable of working on all packaging touchpoints including core product packaging, soft goods, shipping boxes, printed collateral, etc.
- Strong visual design aesthetic including typography, pattern and photography
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to tackle complex projects under tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of (and excitement around) Peloton’s brand, aesthetic, voice and mission
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc), Rhino and Cinema. Experience with other 3D software is a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.