The Enterprise Data team, part of the broader CTO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to enable data integrity through the Enterprise applications/systems. This will be achieved through the establishment of a robust data quality measurement framework that also includes a data quality issue management and resolution framework. You will interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization and will be instrumental in furthering the team’s mission.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice data quality standards including creating partnerships, enhancing and managing data visibility dashboards and self-service tools. You will lead a small team of business analysts.
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze business problems and develop both long-term sustainable solutions and also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, and have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor and coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Together we can”; and
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- Lead a small team of analysts and engineers to enhance the existing data quality measurement framework;
- Design processes and enhance tools (or select new tools) that enable data quality measurement;
- Drive root-functional root cause analysis where issues are noted and be the enterprise systems champion for prioritization and remediation;
- Where remediation has been planned, lead the following:
- Documentation and analysis of current business processes, including the underlying systems/applications.
- Gathering and documentation of business requirements in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Translation of business requirements into functional specifications;
- Supporting cross-functional teams with solution design.
- Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
- Develop strong working relationships with your Enterprise Data team peers and across the wider Peloton teams;
- Lead the research, development & implementation of special data quality projects, as needed and;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical peers and business users
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL language proficiency with at least one of the common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and/or DB2 database management systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in data-driven and governance-focused role
- Data quality management experience
- Experience working and managing metadata
- Experience working with data governance tools
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Retail or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
- Software development in a programming language (other than SQL)
- Functional experience with ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, SAP)
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.