ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to work with Media Counsel to facilitate key business and marketing functions, including our marketing, Member experience, and brand teams. The Associate Counsel - Marketing and Media will be responsible for advising internal clients and will assist in managing outside counsel on marketing, advertising compliance and commercial transactions, as well as contracts and projects related to brand, advertising, and intellectual property development and protection. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist with the strategic management of Peloton Legal’s marketing and media-related matters, including advertising campaigns, social media reviews, asset and lockup reviews, and consumer and business insights
- Develop and implement marketing and social media best practices, process improvements and regular compliance trainings for various audiences within and external to Peloton
- Advise internal clients and business partners on risks and opportunities related to Peloton’s media assets and priorities, including marketing campaigns, content production, technology partnerships, product placements and content distribution
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts for stakeholders in the marketing, content, production, music and creative organizations, with assistance of outside counsel where appropriate
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international laws and regulations governing advertising (e.g., false advertising, claim substantiation, fair use and rights of publicity) as well as experience with copyright, trademark, general intellectual property and privacy issues
- Experience drafting and negotiating agency service agreements, production agreements and general commercial agreements
- Experience with drafting and assisting with contests, promotions, sweepstakes and giveaways
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization and focus in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives and other entertainment industry players
- Knowledge about the consumer tech, social media, product placement and marketing world
- Knowledge of the music rights landscape and experience with negotiating and drafting music licenses is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 3+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on commercial transactions, advertising and ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- A member in good standing of the NY or CA State Bar
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.