As the Peloton Prototype Shop machinist, you will be responsible for programming, set-
up and operation of vertical milling machines, lathes and 5-axis router based on 3D
CAD and 2D drawing specifications. This role collaborates with our Mechanical
Engineering and Industrial Design teams on R&D, new product development and
prototyping the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a
dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in CNC and traditional
machining with an emphasis on prototyping and problem solving.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
● Operate 3-axis CNC milling machines, CNC lathes and 5-axis gantry router.
Experience with Haas, ProtoTRAK and Fagor controls a plus.
● Machine and/or fabricate precision prototypes and fixturing to tight tolerances
and complex geometries based on specifications.
● Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in programming CAM, knowledge of G-
code and overall machine operation.
● Measure, inspect and troubleshoot dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure
conformance to specifications.
● Complete routine and priority tasks defined by management to ensure on time
● Perform equipment maintenance, manage tool libraries and material inventory.
● Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
● 5+ years experience in CNC milling & turning, machine operation and setup.
● Experience with SolidWorks (preferred) or equivalent CAD software.
● Solid understanding of mechanical design and dimensioning principles which
includes reading 3D CAD + 2D drawings and geometric tolerances.
● General knowledge of hand tools and experience with mechanical assemblies.
● Proficient computer skills and clear written and verbal communication.
● Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality
● Ability to shift from one task to another and address changing production
● Strong sense of ownership and work ethic.
● Knowledge of other model making techniques a plus: wood working, metal
fabrication, plastics, paint & finish.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.