You will be working within an agile scrum team and building Device Management features to support every Peloton Connected Fitness Device. We are looking for a strong front end/back end developer to join our team and bring this system live. You will get the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge and work on different technologies across the API, the Web, and the Android app, as well as help, build out the CI/CD pipeline. If you are strong in 2 or more of the areas listed above we are willing to teach you the rest.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout the team. You will also have a responsibility to mentor junior engineers technically and in their professional growth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building backend framework at scale
- Experience building robust React Web application
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience designing RESTful API
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Ability to own and deliver end to end software functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience building Enterprise Device Management Software
- Experience programming Kotlin based API services
- Experience building and publishing Android application to Play Store
- Experience with Terraform and/or Chef
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have experience leading full-stack development and engineering
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.