The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams and other functional organizations within Peloton, from the early architectural phases through product launch. OPMs must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key Operations KPIs.
This role requires close cross functional collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The OPM will own factory readiness and all Operational aspects of product launch, including preparedness across Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, and Reverse Logistics functions.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, and communicates risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- Be proactive, pay attention to the details, and ensure you are enabling teams across to make smart and timely decisions. Stay on top of many moving pieces without letting anything drop
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders across all organizations
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks and according to PDP timeline, and drive cross functional teams to follow processes important to Peloton throughout the development cycle
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Drive Operations team to ensure materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place to support NPI builds and MP, and that key milestones such as capacity requirements and CapEx budgets are met
- Take ownership of product and factory ramp readiness, working closely with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and other teams
- During the product launch timeframe, ensure that Operational teams such as Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, and Reverse Logistics functions are prepared and regularly up to speed with any information that may impact them
- Ensure that post launch, programs are set-up with the right infrastructure and processes to be successful, such as with plans to hit capacity targets, second source and post ramp qualifications, etc.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- Master’s degree, MBA
- 7+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDM’s with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.