Our e-commerce engineering team builds software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering leads with a strong technical background, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
Cultivate a deep understanding of day-to-day acquisition marketing and e-commerce domain expertise while leading a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with engineers, product managers, and designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building out our in-house e-commerce platform. As an Engineering Team Lead, you will spend your time split between engineering management and coding, designing, testing, and delivering features.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Lead and manage a small team of engineers.
- Motivate, lead, coach, and mentor software engineers.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Work closely with our U.S. engineering team to establish standards across teams, and advocate for first-class internationalized e-commerce solutions.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and Project becoming a domain expert in acquisition and e-commerce at Peloton.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
- ~8 or more years of software development experience in development.
- Experience with leading multiple large/complex software projects.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to empathize with your engineers, customers, members, and stakeholders.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Deep understanding of at least one frontend framework (preferably React).
- Experience with at least one backend framework.
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Excellent communication, time management, and teamwork skills.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience as an Engineering Manager.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.