The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, and Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnosis, and solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness and drives resolution to resolve and prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the UK and requires up to 30% European travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, and COQ trends and work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design and Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause and corrective actions.
- Manage Field Failure Analysis process (identify, route and triage field failures) in coordination with Logistics and Operations teams.
- Support launch of new products and lead Early Field Failure Analysis process
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the UK, US, and Taiwan teams to drive and close corrective actions in order to improve product quality.
- Assist Data Analytics in defining and optimizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses to the broader management team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures, if required. Coordinate resources and equipment and execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations and at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, and other parties.
- Establish quality standards in line with US Quality team and deploy to internal and external field operations teams. Establish means of continual improvement for best practices and reporting.
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5 + years experience in similar consumer product environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for driving and closing cross-disciplinary projects
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward-looking
- Experience in a multinational environment a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.