Peloton’s Leave Administration Manager maintains, administers, and manages Peloton’s leave of absence administration processes, including FMLA, short- and long-term disability and workers’ compensation. The Manager ensures compliance with all state and federal laws, and supports business managers and employees throughout the leave of absence process. This role reports to the Senior Director of Shared Services, and is based in our NYC HQ.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL FOCUS ON:
- Assume a leadership role within the Shared Services team to support consistent delivery of high-level service and appropriate application of policies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all aspects of Leave Disability Management policies, practices, and processes
- Increase efficiencies and scalability of Leave of Absence (LOA) policies, practices and processes
- Manage all Workers’ Compensation reports and claims, and partner with business leaders to identify preventative opportunity areas
- Act as a resource to educate People team, Peloton management, and team members on LOA policies, procedures, and federal and state requirements; as well as to aid in team members’ understanding of benefits offered and eligibility requirements through individual and group meetings or training sessions
- Engage with employees to support and facilitate their return to work and formulate recommendations regarding continued leave as a reasonable accommodation
- Analyze, review, update and/or develop LOA related policies and related forms, documents, or communications, as appropriate; administers implementation, coordination and roll out of said policies
- Protect confidentiality of employee medical information in accordance with HIPAA regulations
Tracking, Reporting & Auditing
- Maintain appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work
- Handle long-term continuous and complex leaves and engages in the interactive process.
- Monitor and track critical dates in the leave cycle and communicate with employee and manager as appropriate
- Evaluate and administer legal and regulatory changes and formulates recommendations for policy, practice, or process changes, as appropriate
- Analyze and administer root cause analysis for recurrent or egregious issues and pain points (system abuse, intermittent leaves)
- Partner with People Business Partners to address employee issues and recommend and influence implementation of process, communications, and/or programming modifications where such changes may also alleviate the issue
- Review monthly and quarterly reports and makes recommendations to immediate manager on improving LOA processing and practices and provides expertise and education to People Team regarding reports as necessary; Recommends refinements and or additional reporting as needed
- Ensure accurate leave information is updated in the HRIS database and audits reports to ensure the system is accurate and up-to-date
- Collaborate with payroll and vendors on administration, reporting and analysis
- Track reimbursements from Worker's Compensation
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and reporting and other duties as required
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 6 to 8 years of progressive experience in leave management
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing leave cases
- Working knowledge of benefits / leave related laws and regulations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must maintain confidentiality of any personal data
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.