Peloton’s Physical Security Program Manager (PSPM) will coordinate with key leaders to create and implement security standards, policies and procedures. The leader will plan, direct and coordinate security strategies to safeguard company employees, customers, assets and other company property. The PSPM supports the design, installation and ongoing operations of all physical security systems such as intrusion, CCTV and network physical controls. A successful PSPM will work closely with IT, construction and design teams to provide oversight of security system installation and will inspire change, build trust and drive an enhanced culture of safety and security by leveraging innovation and lean principles.
- As a member of the leadership team, your commitment to a strong presence of security through your leadership is key.
- Lead and work collaboratively on the development, review, and revision of security, crisis management and shrink related policies and training programs.
- Prioritize the safety and security of our team and identify risk; ensuring actions taken to mitigate or eliminate risks are scalable with rapid and continuous growth.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Peloton LP & Security standards and policies. Where gaps remain, the Program Manager will be responsible for developing policies and processes while partnering with key business leaders.
- Leverage loss prevention through environmental design concepts.
- Identify and anticipate security and shrink related concerns by surveying environmental, operational and occupational conditions.
- Review security and theft trends weekly/monthly to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- This individual must be a subject matter in the areas of intrusion control, CCTV and network physical controls.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4+ years experience in Physical Security and Loss Prevention.
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in LP & Security programs in retail, distribution or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives and senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.