ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton Studios New York operates 365 days a year to deliver both a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content and world class boutique fitness offerings to our members. We are looking for an energetic, positive and customer service driven individual to join our Peloton Lounge team. You will work with the team to promote sales within the lounge, exude excellent customer service skills and are knowledgeable about the studio. In this role you will build rapport with clients, creating a loyal customer base while providing efficient and quality service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive lounge sales growth and profitability through customer-centric selling, teamwork, superior product knowledge, and impeccable customer experience.
- Responsible for cutting, preparing, and serving products ensuring quality and efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Clean equipment and following proper food handling procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products prepared and served.
- Provide a luxury experience for customers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the cafe to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation areas.
- Clean storage areas and upkeep or member lounge areas.
- Monitor stocks of ingredients and food items and assist with the preparation of inventory supply orders.
- Receive delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Store and rotate all products properly (follows FIFO).
- Properly store, label and date all products.
- Ensure that all items meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Share customer feedback with a store manager regarding product requests, concerns, and suggestions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Passion, knowledge, interest in health, fitness and/or wellness.
- Must have 1 year in customer service experience
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent work experience
- Candidates must be at least 18 years or older to apply
- Ability to build customer relationships and deliver exceptional service.
- Possess a relentless commitment to achieving results.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures, processes, and product knowledge.
- Proven success in achieving goals through customer-centric selling.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask within a fast-paced environment
- As this is a customer facing retail position, you will be required to work on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical essential functions of the job also require that all employees are able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, early morning and late evening weekdays, adapting to meet the needs of the business
- Able to obtain local food handling certification where required
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.