Peloton is looking for a Security-focused Site Reliability Engineer to work with teams across the organization to build and maintain auditable, secure, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. We are a small, fast-paced, growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems at scale and headquartered in the heart of Manhattan near Madison Square Park. Software and security engineers with interest and/or experience in security automation and monitoring are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly secure and reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in security, observability, and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet security, reliability, and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely retrospectives of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
- We work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (EC2, EKS/Kubernetes, and Lambda for compute, RDS, DynamoDB, and S3 for storage, SQS, SNS, and Kinesis for eventing/messaging, to name a few)
- We use tools like Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Jenkins, Terraform, and Terragrunt
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Experience with AWS (specifically around networking, security, and administration)
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Python, Ruby, Golang, or Java
- Passion for secure, reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code concerns (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Bonus: Experience configuring and monitoring CDNs - we use Cloudfront and Cloudflare
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.