Peloton is looking for a Security-focused Site Reliability Engineer to work with teams across the organization to build and maintain auditable, secure, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. We are a small, fast-paced, growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems at scale and headquartered in the heart of Manhattan near Madison Square Park. Software and security engineers with interest and/or experience in security automation and monitoring are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly secure and reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in security, observability, and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet security, reliability, and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely retrospectives of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
- We work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (EC2, EKS/Kubernetes, and Lambda for compute, RDS, DynamoDB, and S3 for storage, SQS, SNS, and Kinesis for eventing/messaging, to name a few)
- We use tools like Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Jenkins, Terraform, and Terragrunt
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Experience with AWS (specifically around networking, security, and administration)
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Python, Ruby, Golang, or Java
- Passion for secure, reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code concerns (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Bonus: Experience configuring and monitoring CDNs - we use Cloudfront and Cloudflare
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.