We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Finance Manager to help manage and support our finance/accounting department. The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS and Retail business models, have excellent business sense and acumen, and will be a natural numbers wizard.
- Facilitate and manage the month-end close process by keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff when necessary
- Manage the end-to-end A/P process, ensuring invoices & T&E’s have been properly approved and recorded (including VAT compliance), A/P aging report has been reviewed, and any open bill issues have been resolved
- Own and be responsible for the timely and accurate performance of monthly account reconciliations for key areas including payroll, marketing, capital expenditures, and occupancy costs
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and ensure compliance with internal policies, capitalise assets from CIP, and record depreciation journal entries
- Prepare and be responsible for monthly payroll journal entries and all payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Review and reconcile marketing expenses with the marketing team to manage the monthly marketing spend analysis including scrutiny of month-end accruals required
- Assist in preparation and review of rent & occupancy reconciliation, including information-gathering for key lease data and validation of rent schedules under U.S. GAAP standard ASC 842 & IRFS
- Assist with analysing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior forecast
- Be involved in compliance tasks eg. VAT submissions, preparation of statutory financial statements where necessary
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Play an integral role in new system rollouts to the International markets
- Other projects as assigned including participation in special projects, ERP & other system implementations, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years accounting/finance experience; Qualified-Latest stage of qualification
- Strong understanding of accounting theory – particularly US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in media and/or ecommerce preferred
- Tech savvy and MS Excel power user. Experience working with various systems (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, Blackline) a plus.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.