Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 7+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting Peloton’s German business and will assist Peloton’s Associate General Counsel, International in providing support for Peloton’s internal clients across all locations and departments but particularly Germany, as Peloton’s international business scales. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of Peloton’s business objectives.
*This position could be based in our London OR Berlin HQ*
- Negotiate and manage on a wide variety of commercial contracts, and report to senior attorneys on marketing initiatives, supply chain matters, privacy, and data security issues, e-commerce projects, and general risk management matters
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy.
- Work Closely with Peloton’s People Team and German management team to provide support and counsel on employment relations matters
- Instruct and manage external counsel to provide timely and cost-effective advice
- 7+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house role, with a focus on commercial or corporate transactional practice, with secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred
- Must be fluent in German and English, ability to negotiate contracts in German and English essential
- Competency in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts; particular experience in information technology and marketing agreements and/or supply chain agreements is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Superb organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with online issues such as privacy and data security preferred
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) who is collaborative and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Qualified to practise law in Germany or UK
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.