Peloton is looking for a passionate and talented PR Manager for its German team, based in Berlin. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, and working closely with the SVP, Global Communications, he or she will drive the communication strategy for Peloton in Germany.
- Along with the Global Communications team and external PR agency in Germany, plan and implement a business and consumer communications strategy for Peloton in Germany.
- Build strategic relationships with local consumer lifestyle, tech, health and fitness outlets and influencers that will lead to media and social coverage.
- Manage all press and influencer activities for Peloton in Germany.
- Draft prep materials, pitches and press releases related to UK Peloton news.
- Translate and share key global announcements and messaging documents with the German media as needed.
- Maintain a calendar of company initiatives, industry events, opportunities, relevant editorial lists, awards and submission deadlines.
- Monitor and evaluate coverage in the press and across social channels, ensuring the right messages are getting through.
- Day to day management of German PR agency.
- Organize and execute promotional events, including managing all logistics. Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes (creative, social, content programming, production management and legal).
- Work with the retail team to promote member and store events that will keep our community engaged and delighted.
- Manage the local German Facebook page and capture local assets.
- Provide German instructors with social support (managing German instructor pages).
- Set up, monitor and moderate the German FB member page.
- Monitor/moderate discussions at German events pages, acknowledge feedback, and resolve queries across Peloton social channels.
- Create content for The Output blog as needed.
- Any other ad-hoc marketing tasks that are required.
- 4-6+ years of experience working in communications and media relations, preferably in the media, lifestyle or fitness category.
- Proven record of pitching and securing consumer press, and a deep understanding of the fitness, lifestyle and media sectors.
- Proven experience of improving ROI and effectiveness of PR and events through solid metrics.
- Advanced skills in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social engagement apps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (both in English and German).
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to ruthlessly prioritize.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and team skills with a track record of developing positive working relationships.
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where flexibility and adaptability are key.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies.