Peloton is looking for a senior leader to spearhead our efforts to ensure we have reliable, accurate, available data in our internal systems, including data for financial and operational reporting. You will be leading both your own function and a matrixed team across the company to define and execute our data intelligence program. You will own the roadmap and execution for a master data strategy, define and measure data quality standards, create a data architecture, and specify single sources of truth vs. systems of record. You will work closely with the Director of Data Engineering to utilize the platforms built by the Data Warehouse team to report out on x-functional key performance indicators
Peloton is a highly collaborative company. You will be engaging with business teams from marketing, sales, supply chain, finance, people ops, and logistics to cut through the noise and provide actionable intelligence.
- Define and architect a secure data framework which includes internal and external sources
- Create the data roadmap for Peloton’s Enterprise Systems team, and gain alignment for that roadmap across business stakeholders
- Execute on data projects to provide a comprehensive solution for financial, operational, and executive reporting
- Establish and run a governance framework to ensure data quality standards, including completeness and accuracy for all corporate data
- Play a key role for programs that involve defining to-be data models for key x-functional data objects
- Understand and manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Product etc. Develop the vision and map strategy to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data.
- Lead and help build a team of high performing engineers and analysts
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural design patterns and best practices
- Identify and implement new master data technology, where needed, capable of scaling to a high-volume enterprise
- Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) and make technology make sense to them. Then turn around and do it the other way
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around business intelligence
- 2+ years as a core member of a data governance team
- 2+ years presenting to C-level audiences
- Strong data architecture knowledge
- Business operations process knowledge for a mature retail enterprise
- Experience partnering with diverse business teams to develop and execute against a technology and data roadmap
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Working knowledge of SQL for various reporting and transformation needs
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to business intelligence
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.