The Strategic Sourcing Manager for Key Silicon/Semiconductor components will act as the primary commercial contact for products and services within the Peloton supply base while improving cost, sources of supply and overall supply chain performance. In addition to driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis, sourcing activities will include, but are not limited to, identification of technology, assurance of supply, cost performance, product and service availability and options, developing and leading complex negotiations and sourcing strategies, partnering with Peloton project, engineering and technology teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Peloton’s infrastructure goals and objectives. Working closely with the Engineering and Architecture teams, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead the commercial engagement and Key Silicon sourcing and development in support of new product development, introduction and deployment of selected solutions and technologies. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will own supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing for advanced technologies, contracts, negotiation, joint development models, IP and licensing, and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies that enable Peloton to meet time-to-development/time-to-deployment goals, while managing the total landed cost. This role is based out of Peloton's Santa Clara, CA offices.
- Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers.
- Develop negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the Peloton negotiation team through to closure.
- Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
- Present RF-x results, bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with the evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to the internal Peloton team. Own and provide market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) models.
- Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost. Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing.
- Manage the overall supplier relationship and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas. Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products.
- BA/BS or equivalent in a technical or business-related field, with at least 10 years of related experience.
- 10+ years’ experience of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in commercial sourcing roles with particular experience in ASIC silicon and other semiconductor products.
- Analytical experience and demonstrated experience influencing and guiding teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective-based performance measures in the semiconductor/memory commodity.
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution, with particular emphasis on agreement in the major silicon commodity space.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.