The Assembly Manager works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of leading assembly activities for Peloton’s world class products. This job is based in Carteret, NJ.
- Coach Safety, and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPIs
- Support production and manpower planning activities
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary support
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, software, work instructions and test equipment
- Create section leader and technician individual career development plans, employee training and continuous learning activities
- Meet FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Participate in product teardowns for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, etc.
- Administration of supervisory responsibilities and documentation
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ensures adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (Mechanical Engineer) or equivalent professional experience (5+ years)
- Production Manager/Supervisory Experience in manufacturing with a team (20+)
- Safety and Quality experience preferred
- Consumer hardware assembly experience (preferred)
- Prior experience managing a non-unionized workforce
- Understanding of assembly processes and equipment,
- Knowledge of automation, robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s, networking, IT, etc.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles, Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management organizational and administrative skills
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, machining, injection molding, welding, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.